As the region continues to provide a wealth of opportunities for both leading legacy players and emerging indie brands to innovate and expand, in-cosmetics North America returns to New York from 23 - 24 October, 2019.
As usual, the exhibition dedicated to personal care ingredients and NPD will offer a free educational program focused on the latest NPD trends and innovative ingredients in both the Marketing Trends Theater Sessions and the Technical Seminars.
- Adam Miron, Co-founder and Chief Brand Officer at HEXO, will explore CBD, and what is driving consumer interest in the CBD-cosmetics space
- Denise Herich, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of The Benchmarking Company, will take a look at consumer behaviors in the US, reviewing skincare trends through the eyes of the customer based on focused customer intelligence and feedback.
- David Tyrrell, PHD, Global Skincare Analyst at Mintel will tackle the reinvention of suncare. Backed up by the statistics, David will reveal new and evolving suncare themes expected to propel consumer engagement and sales including; suncare that focuses on optimal product benefits through simplification, new entries in hybrid skin/suncare to offer preferred multifunctional benefits and convenience, an explosion of new and old brands offering sun protection for women of all skin tones, and a push of synbiotics.
- Kayla Villena, Senior Analyst – Beauty and Fashion at Euromonitor International, will answer the question all marketers want to know: Where do consumers shop for beauty?
- Sarah Jindal, Senior Innovation and Insights Analyst – Beauty and Personal Care at Mintel will present a session on the future of retail, looking at the three main pillars within retail and how we expect them to play out across regions, including the evolution of consumer interaction and relationship-building; digital and smart technology in retail, and finally the zero-waste lifestyle shift for consumers.
- Neuroscientist and Mind-Body Expert, Dr. Claudia Aguirre, will illustrate the links between cosmetics behavior, social cognition and reality perception in Make-up your mind: emotions and cognition in the age of virtual beauty.
As far as technical issues are concerned:
- Brittany Pease, Applications Chemist at Inolex (Univar Solutions), will examine formulating high performance natural products. Brittany will highlight natural preservative and silicone alternatives, and new innovative technologies that deliver on key product claims and benefits that consumers are looking for.
- Delving into the hot topic of Blue light, pollution and UV: how a natural molecule fights urban skin stress, Annika Leschner, Senior Global Sales and Marketing Manager Cosmetics & Personal Care at bitop, will discuss extremolytes - natural, highly effective stress protection actives – and how they are clinically proven to aid anti-ageing benefits, repairing and protecting skin from urban stress factors such as PM, UV and blue light.
- Zoia Lascu, Senior Account Manager at Lipotec USA, Inc. – Lubrizol will deliver a technical seminar on Stevisse advanced botanical ingredient - one of the latest ingredients developed through Phenobio subcritical water technology. The ingredient is a stevia leaf-based extract from organic leaves that entails a retinoid-like mechanism, helping minimize the appearance of wrinkles for younger-looking skin.
In addition to the seminars, formulators will be able to gain first-hand experience and learn the secrets to creating winning formulations at the interactive and free-to-attend Formulation Lab hosted by the show’s new official technical advisor Mark Chandler.
Several sessions will be available to visitors, including one on Cold process AHA face cream from Craig Queen, Applications Development Manager at Univar Solutions. During the lab session, attendees will use Dow Aculyn Siltouch Rheology Modifier, designed to work at lower pH’s to formulate a cold processed face cream that is mild and helps to rejuvenate the skin’s appearance.
in-cosmetics North America will take place at the Javits Center in New York from 23-24 October 2019.