The new skincare brand, which name is derived from two Japanese words, “WA” describing a kind of peaceful harmony, and “SO” meaning inspiration, is based on botanical and other natural ingredients, including carrot, Biwa no ha (loquat leaf), tofu, shiro-kikurage (white jelly mushroom) or honey and offers products designed to address daily skincare concerns such as dryness, oiliness and visible pores.
“The Millennial attitude toward life - and skincare - is already disrupting the beauty world. WASO’s ultimate ambition is to change the way beauty is seen and made, encouraging people to fearlessly embrace who they are… naturally. Millennials today are young-makers, doers and thinkers and they deserve skincare that is anything but traditional,” explains the Tokyo-based cosmetics giant.
The line features:
- Clear Mega-hydrating Cream, an intensely hydrating clear cream based on whole carrot cells,
- Quick Matte Moisturizer Oil-free, an instantly mattifying, oil-balancing, clear gel emulsion with whole loquat leaf cells.
- Color-smart Day Moisturizer, a skin-brightening day moisturizer with whole carrot cells (SPF30).
- Color-smart Day Moisturizer oil-free, a skin-brightening, day moisturizer with whole loquat leaf cells (SPF30).
- Soft + Cushy Polisher, a skin-refining exfoliating polish. The tofu-like gentle texture clears complexion and leaves your skin silky and smooth.
- Quick Gentle Cleanser, a refreshing cleanser with honey and royal jelly from bees.
- Fresh Jelly Lotion, an epic hydrating lotion with ingredient derived from white jelly mushrooms.
The new brand will be available in some Asian countries and online in the USA from July, with further regions to follow across 2017 and 2018.