Heading for the North American market
The Alkos Group, one of the main French subcontractors in the cosmetics industry, is determined to focus on export and achieve an international turnover of 35% in 2015 (compared to 15% in 2011). To this aim, the company has strengthened its teams with two new recruits: Éric Goyer as International Business Development Director and, more recently, Viviane Jaillet as Sales Manager for Europe.
As the Alkos Group has made North America a priority, it will feature its latest makeup innovations at the MakeUp in New York show, next September 9-19 at the Penn Plaza Pavilion. It is also getting ready for the forthcoming inauguration of a sales office in New York, and has chosen a large stand (26m2) to highlight its whole offering for North American customers.
Meanwhile, to meet the growing demand for Made in France products, the Group has recently invested in a new line for plastic pencils and announced a complete line for wood pencils for 2016. “Production tends to be relocated to Europe, which mostly has to do with deadlines and reactivity, and we have noticed a considerable rise in the demand for French-manufactured products from our strategic customers,” explains Florence Lefeuvre, Sales, Marketing and Communication Group Manager.
With one purchase every three or four months, mascara is the main product consumed on the makeup market in Europe, and thus represents another growth driver for the Group, which keeps investing in this sector. “The formulas presented at the last Cosmoprof show in Bologna attracted the interest of brands, but their quality also surprised a few brush suppliers,” highlighted Florence Lefeuvre. This success encourages Alkos to broaden its offer in this sector by developing new formulas: Curvissime, a mascara with a curling effect, will be showcased as a preview at MakeUp in New York, and a waterproof mascara is being developed for the 2016 edition of the Cosmoprof show.
Eyes, lips, and complexion
Here are a few of the new launches to be presented in New York:
- Eyeliner Liquid Like: this pencil offers matchless intensity from the first application. It glides on flawlessly, provides optimized drying in no time, and lasts longer thanks to a new raw material.
- Gel Sensation Lip Liner: this long-wear gel lip pencil provides a “liquid like” sensation on the lips, and again, glides on flawlessly and lasts longer, more than 15 hours!
- Color Shine BB Lipbalm: this all-in-one, super comfortable, shiny stick formula is both a balm and a lipstick. Enriched with oils and endowed with a high SPF, it leaves the lips well-hydrated and protected.
- Oil Infusion: an ultra-light, non-sticky, non-oily moisturizing oil that will coat lips with a different colour, depending on their pH!
- Kiss Proof Aqua Lipstain: a fluid, highly-covering formula with a matte tattoo effect, but which only leaves an almost imperceptible, no-transfer film on the lips.
- Studio Lipstick Jumbo Pencil & Jumbo Twist: a highly-pigmented formula conditioned as a waterproof pencil or with a Jumbo Twist mechanism, which delivers a no-transfer, velvet-matte colour only with a very small quantity of product on the lips, for ultimate comfort.
- Sweet Lipstick Scrub: a lip scrub in the form of a stick, formulated with sugar, grapes pips, and crushed apricot kernels.
- Beauty Secret Correcting Cream: a transparent foundation that evens and corrects the complexion without any stain effect. An original, innovative, unique formulation solution for all complexions, with no equivalent on the market.
The Alkos Group will also take part in the Cosmetic 360 show organized by the Cosmetic Valley, whose first edition will be held at the Carrousel du Louvre, in Paris, on October 15 and 16, 2015. The French supplier is preparing several skincare and hygiene innovations for this event, in particular via its Sagal subsidiary specialized in the production of high-end perfumed soaps and sticks.