For this new range Metsä Board focused on current main packaging issues. For instance, as far as the environment is concerned, the new range opens new light-weighting possibilities. Other benefits include new customer benefits by boosting brand appeal with enhanced and balanced visual properties.
“Packaging of the future is all about creating better brand experiences with less environmental impact. It is important that we continuously develop new solutions to make packaging even more safe and sustainable. For example, improvements to our new High Yield Pulp have enabled us to further enhance our paperboards thus providing even further opportunities for brand owners to lightweight their packaging,” states Ari Kiviranta, SVP Development, Metsä Board.
The improved grades are available for samples and trials from May. The new range consists of five grades:
- MetsäBoard Natural FBB - NEW is an uncoated, rigid OBA-free grade that provides an on-trend natural surface to provide authenticity to high end product packaging.
- MetsäBoard Classic FBB remains unchanged offering the same superior stiffness and high yield as before.
- MetsäBoard Pro FBB OBAfree - NEW presents an improved OBA-free grade with high natural brightness combined with excellent printability.
- MetsäBoard Pro FBB Bright - NEW is a multipurpose board with high brightness on top and reverse, now offering further opportunities for lightweighting.
- MetsäBoard Prime FBB Bright - NEW combines superb brightness, new bluish white shade and high stiffness offering sustainable luxury for high end packaging.
“The new, improved Metsä Board range now offers even stronger performance in highly demanding end-uses, such as food, beautycare, healthcare or luxury packaging and graphics applications,” says the Finnish manufacturer.