Once again MakeUp in NewYork promises to be a great event. “The number of preregistered visitors is on the rise by 20% compared to last year, which had already broken all records,” explain the organisers.
The two-day event will open its doors on 9 and 10 September 2015 at the Penn Plaza Pavilion (Penn Station, 401 7th Ave, New York NY 10001) and be punctuated by a series of conferences:
- “The fascinating story of American make up from the ’20s to the ’80s”, narrated by the students of the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) — Wednesday September 9th 2015, 10:15am - 10:45am
- Supply Chain: New business opportunities in the brands vs. suppliers’ relationship? — Wednesday September 9th 2015, 10:45am - 12:30pm
- Branding! The Path to Global Success — Wednesday September 9th 2015, 1:30pm - 2:15pm
- The Italian economy of Beauty… State of play! — Wednesday September 9th 2015, 02:30pm - 05:00pm
- Color Cosmetics – A Global Trend Update, with the participation of Sarah Jindal, Senior Innovation and Insights Analyst, Beauty & Personal Care at Mintel — Thursday September 10th, 2015, 10:15am - 11:00am
- Why is South Korea such a special market in Asia and what is the influence of this country in the global makeup industry (formulas & packaging) — Thursday September 10th, 2015, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Beauty in Korea Realities of Korean make-up, influences and trends — Thursday September 10th, 2015, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Packaging and innovation contests
For the first time, this year’s MakeUp in NewYork will organize two competitions:
- A packaging contest putting together teams from different American universities,
- The “Innovation Tree Products” competition, which will feature more than sixty products from more than a third of exhibitors participating in the show.