The Cosmopack and MakeUp in Paris trade shows, which took place respectively in early April in Bologna, and last June 12 and 13 in Paris, represented another opportunity for the Alkos Group to highlight its expertise in lip and complexion product formulation, in particular by capitalizing on its Alkos Cosmétiques subsidiary’s expertise in plastic pencil formulas.
Imperceptible matte textures
On the lip segment, the French manufacturer launched the Matte & Long Lasting Veil, a new matte texture in a plastic jumbo pencil. When applied, the pencil leaves a real, long-lasting, and no transfer coloured veil with a matte finish on the lips which cannot be felt at all when touching the skin. “We have incorporated hydrating, anti-aging skincare actives into it for smooth, perfect lips,” specifies Florence Lefeuvre, the Commercial, Marketing and Communication Director of the group.
In addition to this jumbo, Alkos has developed an automatic plastic pencil for the lip contour: the Matte & Smooth Definition. “Its smoothing formula fills in fine lines for a perfect contour, and its velvety finish suits both matte and more satin-like lipsticks.” The same formula is also available in a wooden slim pencil.
Colour and skincare
Also in the lip segment, the Alkos Group has developed Lift & Comfort, a new lipstick texture. It is no longer about the matte world here, as red has got a more intense and satin-like texture. Alkos claims a good adhesion, a very comfortable, long-lasting thin film, as well as lifting, toning and hydrating actives. “Makeup can no longer be efficient only in terms of colour, it must also provide a skincare benefit,” Florence Lefeuvre emphasizes.
Formulated for cheeks and lips with a light, flexible texture and natural skincare actives such as mango and apricot butter, the Jumbo Twist Cheeks N’Lips is specific in that it leaves a shiny finish on lips, and a velvety finish on cheeks.
Natural complexion, total perfection
Alkos also showcased several new formulas only for complexion, in particular in the form of sticks:
- Perfect Complexion, a compact cream-to-powder, smoothing and corrective foundation formula with average coverage which does not mark dry areas, for a natural, flawless result.
- Lift N’Stay Concealer, a long-lasting, anti-dark circle formula available as a plastic jumbo or jumbo retractable pencil containing lifting, filling and blurring agents for a radiant, relaxed look.
- Soft Cream Blush Stick, a blush mini-stick with a melting texture, easy to apply and soften, and thus ultra-flexible, for a natural or sophisticated result.
- Terracotta Stick, long-lasting summer makeup to even and matify the complexion,
- Foundation Stick SPF 10, for a powdered effect: an intermediate between foundation and powder.
Full service skincare
- Instant Wake Up Serum, a lifting, decongestant serum in Cosmogen Squeeze’n Pentaball applicator packaging. The formula is to be applied before makeup for a fresher look. It also suits men’s needs.
- Eye Perfector Serum, an anti-wrinkle, anti-dark circle gel with an applicator from Cosmogen’s Tense range destined to make the formula penetrate more easily.
“We offer them both as ready-to-go, full service formulas so that they can be placed on the market extremely fast. Of course, they can be delivered in other types of packaging, but then the time periods for performing tests have to be taken into account,” Florence Lefeuvre concludes.