Luxe Pack Monaco 2013, the leading show for creative and luxury packaging, ended on 25 October with record results:
- 400 exhibitors, including 40 first-time exhibitors
- 7,439 visitors came representing an increase of 6% compared to 2012, 46% of visitors were French and 54% were international from 77 countries, with, according to the organisers, a marked increase in visitors from certain European countries (Italy and Spain in particular) and the USA.
The show was also the scene of a number of innovation launches in the fields of finishing-decoration, sensoriality and nomadism.
A part of these innovations were showcased in the Luxe Pack Forum Innovation, besides the innovations competing for the 2013 Luxe Pack in green prize, which went to James Cropper for its Reclaimed Fibre Plant that recycles paper cup fibre.
The Luxe Pack Trends Observer identified three main trends:
- “Deal with the Devil” or when vampires and sexy heroes inspire leading brands and their packaging,
- “Let’s celebrate”: the desire to celebrate everything joining a deeper need for rituals and allowing Travel Retail requirements to be met,
- “History Telling”: brands reaffirm their roots, legacy, and history of their expertise to reassure consumers and attract more young people looking for references.
Next year’s Luxe Pack Monaco will be held at the Grimaldi Forum from 27 to 29 October.