The group thus aims at a better understanding of today’s dramatic development of science and technology, the power of the digital revolution, changes in modes of consumption and societal issues
“In a rapidly changing world, the Board’s reflexions will contribute to strengthening the link between science and beauty worldwide, and as such will be an extraordinary source of inspiration and guidance for L’Oréal,” says Laurent Attal, Executive Vice-President Research and Innovation of L’Oréal.
The Board will meet twice a year, presided by Jacques Leclaire who will lead the Board’s discussions and reflections.
The Scientific Advisory Board is composed of the following personalities:
- Pr Bonnie Bassler, Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator and Squibb, Professor of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, USA
- Pr Thomas Bieber, Department Chairman and Professor of Dermatology and Allergy, University of Bonn, Germany
- Pr Vanderlan de Silva Bolzani, Professor at the Institute of Chemistry São Paulo State University, Araraquara, Brazil
- Pr Elaine Fuchs, Professor of Cell Biology and Development, Rockefeller University, NY, USA
- Pr Nina Jablonski, Distinguished Professor of Anthropology, Pennsylvania State University, PA, USA
- Pr Dominique Langevin, Director of Research, Laboratory of Solid State Physics, CNRS, University of Paris-Sud, France
- Pr Samir Mitragotri, Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara California, USA
- Pr Jun Wang, Executive Director Beijing Genome Institute (Shenzhen, China) and Professor, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Pr René Wijffels, Chairman of the Bioprocess Engineering Group, Wageningen University, Netherlands