Follow us twitter facebook
Edition: Global
Click here to subscribe toour free weekly newsletter click here
Industry buzz

L’Occitane acquires French-Korean brand Erborian

L’Occitane has entered into an agreement with the founders of premium skincare brand Erborian to immediately acquire a 50.14% interest in their business. L’Occitane International and its subsidiaries expect to raise their shareholding subsequently to approximately 63% after a capital increase, with the remaining 37% jointly owned by Mrs. Katalin Berenyi and Mrs. Hojung Lee, the creators of Erborian.

Erborian is a French-Korean brand that combines ancestral Korean medicinal science and high technology. Founded in 2006, Erborian has established its presence in more than 15 countries, including Japan, the United Kingdom, Germany and France, and is sold in major perfumeries and department stores. Its revenue is expected to be approximately 2.5 million euros for its current financial year ending 31 August 2012.

This transaction marks L’Occitane’s first acquisition of a brand after its listing in Hong Kong. It is consistent with the group’s strategy to focus on cosmetics brands based on natural ingredients and complements the group’s existing portfolio with a first product range having its roots in Asia.

The group’s other brands are: L’Occitane, Melvita and Le Couvent des Minimes.

V.G.

Portfolio

© 2012 - Premium Beauty News - www.premiumbeautynews.com
latest news
Focus
MakeUp in newYork hosted more than 3800 visitors, with a growth of 12% of international guests.

MakeUp in New York moves to Javits Center to continue growing

The latest edition of MakeUp in NewYork was a huge success, announced the organisers. Held at the Center415 on 5th Avenue, in Manhattan, on September 11&12, 2019, the two-day B2B event dedicated to the makeup and skincare supply chain welcomed more than 3800 visitors, with a growth of 12% of international guests. Brazil, Canada, (...)

read more
job opportunities
Experts’ views
100% natural and biodegradable film former offers enhanced sun care protection

Brittany Pease
100% natural and biodegradable film former offers enhanced sun care protection

LexFilm Sun Natural MB is a multidimensional film-forming polymer which imparts superior water-resistance to sunscreens in comparison to leading synthetic polymers. This latest innovation addresses consumers’ demand for natural ecofriendly ingredients, while supporting brands in their new product development goals as they navigate (...)

read more

Features

We use cookies to give you a better browsing experience. By continuing your visit to this site, you accept the use of cookies. Read more and set cookies
close