Ecovia Intelligence (formerly known as Organic Monitor), a specialist research, consulting and training company that focuses on global ethical product industries, has announced that entries are now open for this year’s Sustainable Beauty Awards.
The aim of the Sustainable Beauty Awards is to give recognition to operators who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry. There are five award categories, each representing different aspects of sustainability:
- Green Formulations Award - A cosmetic or personal care range with a high level of natural or organic ingredients.
- Sustainable Packaging Award - A new packaging format that has a low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
- Sustainable Ingredient Award - A material that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
- Sustainability Pioneer Award - An operator that is a pioneer or leader in some aspect of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership Award - An operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
Entries are open to all organisations in the beauty industry, such as cosmetic brands, retailers and distributors, ingredient firms, packaging companies, NGOs, certification agencies, and related firms.
The deadline for entries is 30th September, finalists will be notified by 16th October, and the winners announced at a dedicated awards ceremony at the Paris Marriott Champs-Élysées on the evening of 6th November. The awards will be co-hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit.
In previous years, the Sustainable Beauty Awards has received over 100 entries from a diverse range of operators in the beauty industry. The 2016 winners and runner-ups included Weleda, L’Oréal, Boticario Group, Croda, Speick Naturkosmetik, Tri-K Industries, Human Nature, And Synthesis Organics.
More information is available from www.sustainablebeautyawards.com