The finalists for the 2017 Sustainable Beauty Awards have been announced by Ecovia Intelligence (formerly known as Organic Monitor). Over 100 international entries were received this year, from operators in various sectors of the beauty industry.
The finalists for each award category are listed in alphabetical order:
- Sustainability Pioneer. The sustainability pioneer award is given to an organisation in the beauty industry that is a leader / pioneer in some aspect of sustainability. Finalists: AAK, Hair O’Right, Neal’s Yard Remedies, Serdex, Trilogy Natural Products.
- Sustainability Leadership. This award is given to an organisation that is leading in various aspects of sustainability. The operator is displaying overall leadership in sustainability and not mastering a few areas. Finalists: Aveda, Hair O’Right, i+m Naturkosmetik, Laboratories Expanscience.
- Sustainable Packaging. This award is given to a packaging format that has low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials. Finalists: Biolage RAW (L’Oréal), Hair O’Right, O-PAC Eco-Pac, Sulapac.
- Sustainable Ingredient. This award is given to a cosmetic ingredient that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social footprint. Finalists: Biolie with Greentense, H&H Group Co. with Sadorfons®, Inolex with SustOleo™ MCT, Merck with RonaCare® RenouMer, Neal’s Yard Remedies with Frankincense Boswellia Sacra Extract.
- Green Formulations. This award is given to a cosmetic range with a high level of green (natural / organic) ingredients in product formulations. Finalists: Alteya Organics Rose Jasminium Collection, Luxe Botanics, Organic Island, Planted in Beauty by Well Within, Trilogy Rosehip Products.
The winner and runner-up in each awards category will be announced at the Sustainable Beauty Awards reception in Paris on 6th November 2017, at the Marriott Champs Elysées hotel, hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit.