In the wake of the recent acquisition of P&G’s beauty business, Coty is acquiring the personal care and beauty business of Brazilian company Hypermarcas for approximately US$1.0 billion (R$3.8 billion).
Hypermarcas offers several brands that hold leading positions in the highly competitive Brazilian beauty and personal care market.
Brands that Coty would acquire include:
- Monange, a multi-category personal care brand (body care, hair care, female deodorant),
- Risqué - the market leader in nail polish in Brazil,
- Bozzano - the market leader in men’s care in Brazil,
- Paixão - largest skin care brand in Brazil,
- Biocolor - a best-selling hair colorant in Brazil.
Hypermarcas’ beauty business comprises state of the art manufacturing and distribution facilities in the state of Goias.
The transaction is subject to regulatory clearances and other customary closing conditions and is expected to be closed by end of March 2016.