On Thursday 20th November 2014, CEW UK showcased some of the best talents in the beauty industry at their 13th annual Achiever Awards. Sporting their new slogan "We Move Beauty Forward”, the CEW UK celebrated the industry by awarding eight influential people for their achievements within the cosmetics sector:
- Suzy Menkes - Editor at Vogue International - Lifetime Achiever.
The Lifetime Achiever award is presented to an individual who has made an exceptional contribution to the industry throughout their lifetime. "I would like to thank the CEW and Caroline Neville, for giving me - a fashion editor - a lifetime award for understanding that fashion is transient - but beauty is eternal,” Suzy said.
- Michael Ward - Managing Director, Harrods - Special Industry Award
The CEW Special Industry Award is presented each year to a man or woman who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry and the advancement of women in their beauty careers. This year CEW awarded it to one of the most highly regarded figures in the retail industry, Michael Ward, Managing Director of Harrods.
- Debbie Ansell - UK Head of Beauty at World Duty Free Group - CEW Achiever Award
- Céline Gilg - General Manager UK & Ireland, Tom Ford Beauty - CEW Achiever Award
- Lisa Smosarski - Editor, Stylist - CEW Achiever Award
- Charlotte Tilbury - Founder & Creative Director, Charlotte Tilbury Beauty - CEW Achiever Award
- Mia Collins, Divisional Merchandise Manager for Beauty, Harrods - CEW member’s Achiever award
- Claire Vero - founder, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare - CEW Digital Achiever Award
Created this year and sponsored by Google, this new and latest award highlights the impressive creativity and innovation that beauty brands are displaying in the rapidly evolving consumer landscape, and showcases the exceptional talent driving best practice across the beauty industry.
“It’s an exciting time for beauty as brands increasingly place the web at the heart of their strategy, and harness the power of the consumer digital revolution. I am delighted to award Claire Vero the first CEW Digital Achiever Award for her excellent achievements,” said Gayle Tait, Director of Luxury, Health & Beauty at Google.