On Monday 13th November 2017 CEW UK honoured some stars of the industry at its annual Achiever Awards ceremony. This year’s black tie event was hosted in The Ballroom of The Dorchester Hotel and marked the main celebration of CEW’s 25th anniversary. With over 300 attendees the evening celebrated CEW’s important milestone, as well as paying recognition to the talent across the beauty industry.
“A CEW Achiever is someone who has worked hard throughout their career and been successful in their professional life, but more than this, they will have exhibited a high degree of willingness to help others and above all conducted themselves as a role model,” said President of CEW Caroline Neville.
And the winners are:
- Lifetime Achiever Award - presented to an individual who has made an exceptional contribution to the industry throughout their lifetime: Laura Mercier, world-renowned makeup artist and creator of Laura Mercier Cosmetics, Skincare, Body & Bath, and Fragrance.
- Special Industry Award - presented to someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry and the advancement of individuals in their careers: Sam McKnight. Sam boasts a legendary career spanning over four decades encompassing catwalks, editorial and advertising campaigns for fashion houses such as Chanel, Fendi, Balmain, Burberry and Tom Ford. As a recently appointed beauty contributor for the new British Vogue Sam also has over 100 covers to his name from Vogue alone.
- Achiever Awards - Lorraine Candy, luxury content director of The Sunday Times and editor in chief of Style; Sam & Nic Chapman, expert makeup artists, artistic consultants to Real Techniques, authors & executive producers behind the popular YouTube channel Pixiwoo, providing makeup demonstrations for a wide-range of styles; Nicola Kilner, Co-CEO at DECIEM; and Demetra Pinsent, CEO of Charlotte Tilbury Beauty.
- 25th Anniversary Award - Philip Kingsley, who was known worldwide as the leading authority on hair and scalp care (awarded posthumously and accepted by Anabel Kingsley).
- Digital Achiever Award - Sponsored by Google, this award went to Hannah Putjato, London Lash Pro, and was received on her behalf by Laura Brown.
- CEW Member’s Achiever Award - Acknowledging peer admiration, the award went to Rebecca Cullen, Beauty Brand and Education Manager at Marks & Spencer.
“There is a growing consensus that the next 20 years will see women make forward strides not seen since the 1920s. The next two decades will be the Decade of the Woman. CEW recognises the importance of women seeking these leadership positions to make an impact,” said Vasiliki Petrou, Chairman of CEW in her closing speech.