Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna is back for a 54th edition with growing numbers. The leading B2B event for the beauty industry will be held from 16th to 20th March 2023 in Bologna, Italy. As announced by the organizers during a press conference held in Milan, the show will gather under one roof over 2.900 companies (+11% compared to 2022) from 64 countries.

Strong international participation

According to BolognaFiere Cosmoprof, the company behind the event, decisive factors of the growing numbers recorded in the March edition are the return of companies from China and Taiwan, that previously were unable to exit their respective countries.

60% of exhibitors are coming from Europe, and the remaining 40% are from other continents. A total of 29 country pavilions will gather small and medium companies from Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, California, China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Poland, Romania, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, and the USA. Argentina, Australia, India, and Romania were not attending in 2022 and are returning this year. Ireland will attend the exhibition with its National Agency for the first time eve.

Pre-registered visitors to the event up to now are coming from 116 countries.

Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna expects to attract selected buyers from 50 countries thanks to the support of the Italian Trade Agency (ITA), and its offices across the world. “Delegations of buyers, retailers, and distributors from the most strategic markets, such as North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Oceania will meet Cosmoprof 2023 exhibitors to discover new proposal and industrial solutions. The interaction with the Health & Beauty network, part of BolognaFiere Cosmoprof, will bring to Bologna a delegation of top buyers representing the European professional distribution channel,” said the organizers.

Revised opening dates

To meet business habits and needs of the beauty sector and international stakeholders opening dates of each parts of the show have been revised. For the first time this year, Cosmopack, the area dedicated to the companies of the supply chain, and Cosmo Perfumery & Cosmetics, with the players of the retail channel and of prestige and mass market, will open for three days only, from Thursday to Saturday, since foreign operators prefer to concentrate business meetings in the working days.

Cosmo Hair, Nail & Beauty Salon, the areas dedicated to the professional channel, will maintain the traditional 4-day opening, from Friday to Monday, in order to welcome the operators when salons and beauty salons are closed

Up to now data foreshadow a successful edition,” said Enrico Zannini, General Director of BolognaFiere Cosmoprof. “Today attendees are pre-registering from 116 countries in the world. We are recording better results than for the 2019 edition, before the pandemic, and registrations from outside Italy are growing significantly. Compared to 2022 our digital community is much more committed, both on social media and on our website, with a growth up to 15% of engagement rate. These references confirm the recovery of both the fair and beauty sectors. We are ready to host our beauty community in Bologna, to feel again the buzz, the creativity, and the optimism of our industry.