Louisette Bourdin - That’s right! In 2004, after more than 20 years of R&D in cosmetics and several experiences in the creation of labs for industry subcontractors, I decided to start my own business with the creation of ABC Texture, a Research and Development Company in cosmetics.
It all started in Saint-Malo in a small of 20 sqm laboratory, with a formulation technician.
First specialised in the development of new textures, I decided to expand very quickly the expertise of ABC Texture by offering my clients to produce their products.
Premium Beauty News - 2008 is a pivotal year in your development?
Louisette Bourdin - It is indeed the year when we decided to invest EUR 1 million in the construction of a new site in Dinard, just minutes from Saint-Malo. This new eco-designed 850 sqm industrial building was built in compliance with the High Environmental Quality (HQE) standards. Committed to listening to the market and our clients, the machine park at the time was evolving to meet demands for small and large series. The team then consisted of 6 people for a turnover of EUR 0.4 million, including more than 40% from exports. The following year, the company closed the year with a turnover of EUR 1.2 million.
I must stress on the fact that this success was based on listening and supporting our clients, with an extensive range of ready to launch formulas (sun care, make-up and skincare) and the development of tailor-made solutions.
Premium Beauty News - Several novelties will be launched this year!
Louisette Bourdin - Today, ABC Texture is a team of 18 people for a turnover of EUR 2.3 million, implementing a growth strategy in France and abroad.
Our ambitions are clear: accelerate innovation and increase our international presence.
To achieve these goals, we hired two new executives:
- Tifenn Boutard, doctor of pharmacy and physics, who joined us in December 2013 as Research Director.
- Nathalie Dessirier, joined the team as Exports, Sales and Marketing Director.
Present on many trade shows (Seoul, Dubai, Paris, New York, Hong Kong), we are launching this year several new products to meet the needs of different markets. What these novelties have in common is that they are all formulated without silicone:
- A matte long-wear Lipstick, with no volatile compounds. It delivers a pure and intense colour after just one application, exceptional comfort and glide thanks to an ultra-thin film on the lips. Enriched with vitamin E and F, it won’t run during the day.
- A Primer with an amazing formula that changes upon application; first a gel-cream for a cocooning skin feel, it quickly changes into a powdery veil for a flawless complexion.
- A range of compact concealers containing hydrophilic actives acting on effects like dark circles. Silicone-free, it provides a fresh skin feel and reinforces hydration upon application. A SPF15 concealer also complements the range.