The new product, BillerudKorsnäs White 220 gsm, is based on BillerudKorsnäs White, the Swedish company’s flagship cartonboard product.
BillerudKorsnäs White 220 gsm has been significantly upgraded on four major points:
- A grammage range extension to a new low basis weight at 220 gsm (compared to 235 gsm before),
- A move from double to triple coating provides a super-smooth surface capable of sharper detail and contrast in image rendering.
- A higher whiteness and brightness, for a better colour reproduction and a vibrant colour quality.
- A improved surface structure, thanks to a higher standard of fibre formation, which, according to BillerudKorsnäs, adds two important benefits, first a more even, calmer print particularly noticeable in large monochrome areas and, then a dependable quality consistency, ensuring users the same high quality through each reel, each batch and each new order over time.
BillerudKorsnäs White, the company’s most exclusive high-white cartonboard combines strength, formability and an excellent printing surface. It is especially made for the premium segments of consumer packaging. It is widely used for exclusive branded goods such as health and beauty products, perfume and cosmetics, jewellery and luxury beverages and is now available in 220, 235, 255, 270, 290, 315, 340, 370 and 400 gsm.
Beyond its White cartonboard, BillerudKorsnäs also enhanced the qualities of its three other highly specialized cartonboard grades:
- Artisan, a lightweight cartonboard with a silky-smooth surface, offering quality print as well as a nice haptic experience.
- Carry, a strong cartonboard for packaging and protection of heavy content, highly suitable for designs involving hanging or handles.
- Light, a strong and moisture-proof material.
“It is more than just a general facelift,” says Magnus Levinsson, Business Segment Director Cartonboard, BillerudKorsnäs. “This is the next generation cartonboard, one that sets new standards for printability.”