Organic Monitor is launching what the market research says to be “the first-ever awards dedicated to sustainability in the beauty industry”: the Sustainable Beauty Awards.
The inaugural edition has opened for nominations, with winners to be announced at an evening reception in Paris on October 21st. The aim of the awards is to give recognition to cosmetic and ingredient firms who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry.
The awards have five categories that represent different sustainability aspects:
- The Green Formulations Award is for cosmetic brands with a high level of green (natural / organic) ingredients in their formulations.
- The Sustainable Packaging Award is for cosmetic packaging that has a low environmental footprint
- The Sustainable Ingredient Award is for a material that makes a significant difference in terms of ecological and / or social impact.
- The Sustainability Pioneer Award is for a company that is a leader in a certain area,
- The Sustainability Leadership Award is for an overall leader in sustainability.
“There is no charge for making nominations to the Sustainable Beauty Awards, however to be eligible cosmetic / ingredient / packaging firms / related firms must be making a difference in sustainability,” says Organic Monitor.
The finalists for each category will be selected on 1st October, and the winner at a drinks reception at the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées on 21st October. The awards reception will take place alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit, which will take place in Paris on 21-23rd October 2013.
“We have launched the awards to put the spotlight on cosmetic companies making a significant difference in terms of sustainability, as well as to inspire other operators to take the green route,” adds Amarjit Sahota, founder and director of Organic Monitor. The market research firm plans to host the awards annually in Paris.