Nature and tradition
Aligned with this growing trend, Lipotec proposes a new way to incorporate superfoods in the beauty routine by following the traditional five-colored diet in topical skin care formulations.
The ancient Chinese believed that to get a balanced yin and yang a well-rounded diet must be carried. By consuming vegetables and fruits from five color families (red, yellow/orange, green, blue/purple and white/brown), we can get a broad range of vitamins, antioxidants and phytochemicals that can enhance our health and give equilibrium to our body. These colors are associated with the body’s vital organs but also with the five main elements found in nature. Since then, a multicolored diet is considered vital not only to reach a balance within oneself but also to stay in harmony with nature.
Under the name of Tutti Foodie. Back to basics., Lipotec offers a selection of botanical extracts with valuable skin care properties that can be used to create a comprehensive beauty routine around the five colors in order to fulfill all the skin needs. Each color offers valuable benefits for the skin:
- Red. Powerful ingredients that boost collagen synthesis and maintain elasticity to counteract the signs of aging for a radiant and youthful appearance. Example of botanical extracts within this color include ACTIPHYTE™beet, that reinforces skin elasticity against sagginess, and ACTIPHYTE™ pomegranate which may protect collagen structure for a youthful glow.
- Yellow & Orange. Energetic antioxidants that fight skin-damaging free radicals for a more vibrant and healthy complexion. In this color group we find ACTIPHYTE™ ginger, which reduces skin reactivity aggravated by free radicals, and ACTIPHYTE™ grapefruit that can provide a fresh looking skin despite reactive aggressors.
- Green. Protective elements to help reduce the damage caused by the environmental factors such as UVB and pollution, as well as restore sun-damaged skin. The selected green extract examples are ACTIPHYTE™ avocado that supports enrichment for dry skin caused by environmental hazards, and ACTIPHYTE™ broccoli as a green shield contra sun damage.
- Blue & Purple. Essential minerals and fatty acids that assist in nurturing the skin for a luminous and hydrated look. In this color group we find ACTIPHYTE™ eggplant which may seal the essential moisture, and ACTIPHYTE™ acai berry that nourishes the skin for a luminous appearance
- White and Brown. Strong antioxidants that can prevent sebum peroxidation and soothe irritation of acne prone skin. This color is represented by ACTIPHYTE™ almond that regulates oil balance in a hydrated skin, and ACTIPHYTE™ quinoa that may purify imperfections for a flawless looking skin.
Personal care brands can formulate a healthy “skin care diet” by simply following a rainbow.