Increasing consumer awareness about the negative effects of chemical ingredients in traditional cosmetics, endorsements from celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow and Miranda Kerr, and heightened eco-consciousness in the current global landscape is driving the growth of the natural and organic beauty industry. This creates an ideal opportunity for beauty companies and salon owners alike to take advantage of the growing market and provide the products and services their clients are calling for.
2019 marked the 16th year of Beauty Expo Australia, which took place in Darling Harbour in the heart of Sydney, on 24 and 25 August 2019. The show supported the forward-thinking beauty industry through bringing Australian made, cruelty-free and natural products to the show floor through the ‘Proudly’ initiative.
With more than 70 out of the 350 brands exhibiting at Beauty Expo Australia showcasing Australian made and/or natural beauty products on their stands, the ‘Proudly Australian’ and ‘Proudly Natural’ icons lined the expo floor.
Here is just a wrap of the Australian made, and natural innovations presented:
Australian made brands
- Ultraceuticals’ Australian made, cruelty-free and innovative skincare makes it a market leader in the beauty industry;
- Amara Elegance showcased their range of Australian made tanning products, including the world’s first refillable exfoliating tan removing wand;
- B naked have created the first active face serum as part of their Australian made unisex sweat-proof skincare line;
- Elleebana brought their Elleebana Lash Lift system and a range of other Australian born for lashes and brows;
- Lashgame showcased their Australian made lash extension care line, including the best-selling Foaming Lash Cleanser;
- Lycon showcase is best-selling Australian made wax;
- OzMask, an Australian owned company specialising in affordable, at-home LED Light Therapy;
- Rageism’s full makeup range formulated from Australian minerals is for women who love the skin they are in;
- Runway Room was created to fill the hole in the market for premium, professional, Australian made cosmetics and showcased their makeup and tanning products.
Natural and Australian made brands
- Amazing Oils are passionate about creating Australian made, natural and organic skincare that has incredible results for your overall health and skin;
- ClinicalPRO showcased their natural skincare products and custom-built Australian made salon equipment;
- Eco Tan brought their global award-winning, Australian made, certified organic, tanning, body and skin care lines;
- Herbs + Heart is creating a new movement of simplistic green beauty and presented their easy to use, all-rounder, unisex, natural and organic products;
- HydroSkin Care is Australian medical-grade skincare featuring only organic, natural and scientifically advanced ingredients;
- Inika Organic is a makeup brand for health-conscious consumers, featuring a complete range of Australian made, natural and certified organic products;
- Kadee Botanicals skincare is made with Australian plants including Kakadu Plum and jojoba oil, and is rich in antioxidants and nutrients like Vitamin C;
- Lanopearl Australia is dedicated to creating quality skincare products and vitamins covering every aspect of health and wellbeing;
- Skin Juice showcased their Australian made, natural, organic, vegan and cruelty-free skin care products across their Skin Juice, Serum Factory, Green Habit and Man Brew brands.
Beauty Expo Australia will be in Sydney on 22-23 August 2020, and their beauty event called Beauty Melbourne will take place in Melbourne on 28-29 March 2020