Attendance at the 43rd edition of Cosmoprof, which was held in Bologna from April 15 to 19, grew by 4.88% compared to the previous edition, representing as many as 6.808 visitors more than in 2009, the organizers said. This increase was mainly due to Italian visitors, whose number grew by 6.34 % over the previous year, while the number of foreign visitors was almost unchanged (+0.02%). Eventually, this year’s increase did not compensate the attendance drop that was recorded in 2009 (-7.5%).
The eruption of the Icelandic volcano on April 14 and the consecutive closure of many European airports certainly perturbed the organizers’ efforts to re-energize a tradeshow that is facing increased competition in Europe, including in Italy with the successful second edition of Esxence and the launch of InterCharm Milano by Reeds.
Along with the traditional events, new animations and dedicated areas were proposed to pump energy into the world’s leading event of the beauty industry:
- Discover Beauty, the program conceived to give visibility to emerging cosmetic brands,
- L’Unique, Laboratoire du Parfum, the area devoted to artistic perfumery,
- Green-volution, the area showcasing the “green” side of beauty,
- Visionary Persons: men and women protagonists of the beauty industry invited to share their vision of the future,
- a partnership with Google resulting in meetings and appointments for the online beauty economy,
- a trend area,
- and a first-time insertion of an area dedicated to nail care and nail products.