ROLE MISSION :
Leading development projects in formula and packaging for the aerosol product portfolio (NPD, and reformulation projects). This person will follow up our procedures, good practices and R&D Coordinator´s instructions with the aim to improve and develop our aerosol products in terms of time, quality and industrial scale up requirements.
MAIN DUTIES :
- Leading formulation, homologation and industrialization projects involved on the new formula and Packaging Solutions, as well as modification of current portfolio for our aerosol category.
- Homologation of raw material and Packaging components and bulks, in charge of all necessary tests.
- Market research, trends analysis and survey of competitor products, with the aim to propose new ideas for future product developments.
- Writing technical sheets with all specifications for new formulation and update every change in terms of formulation and packaging parameters.
- Share final specs (formula and Packaging) with manufacturing teams.
- Cooperate with other departments (purchase, Packaging Development, marketing…) as internal partners for this NPD at aerosol category.
- Acts as key contact person with suppliers of packaging components. Follows up all incidents if they should happen.
- Develops a predictive model of combination of formula/packaging/gas, with the goal to anticipate possible corrosion difficulties, or spray dispersion disruptions, among other technical troubles.
- Homologates all packaging components and executes and supervises functionality tests.
- Describes and validates all filling procedures and stability control systems (packaging, gas and formula) in ATEX zone at the factory.
- Contact suppliers and participates in the selection of materials for new product developments.
- Request new product samples to our suppliers.
- Assures quality certifications of received raw materials.
- Brings support to other departments when any manufacturing or quality issue would happen in aerosol category.
Reporting and Improvement
- Prepares internal reports of R&D Aerosol KPI´s, and suggests new & continuous improvements to optimise their results.
Leadership and Organization
- Manages and mentors two formulation scientists.
- Promotes team building and employee satisfaction, aligned to our Company Values.
- Provides fluent communication between their area and the rest of departments.
- Solves any conflict at R&D Aerosol area.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Master Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar.
- Post graduated in Cosmetics.
- Almost 4 years experienced as Aerosol Engineer in Consumer goods, especially body care (body sprays, shaving or hair styling : foams, hair spray, etc) and /or packaging development for aerosol applications.
- Fluent English and valuable French and Spanish languages.
- Main Capabilities : Good project management skills. Analytical thinking and goal oriented.