This is a great opportunity for someone interested in relocating in Spain. Our client specialized in the development and manufacture of products for hygiene and personal care. They are based in Tarragona (SouthEast Area)
This role reports to R&D Director and will lead a team of 4-6 people.
- Actively follow up & vigilance of new regulations within the European frame, well-stablished guidelines in the Personal Care area (IFRA, ...) in order to ensure their compliance.
- Build and/or integrate to Company Internal Policies potential risks in terms of substances and product safety identified through multinational scientific network, medical and dermatologic community forums, et al.
- Identification and coordination of new approaches in the research of new ingredients safety profile. Promote set of toxicology predictive tools based on recognised methods and tests, with established reliability related to specific toxicological signals such as skin irritation, eye irritation, sensitivity, etc. in order to assess safety of the cosmetic portfolio (more than 150 references)
- Support definition and design the testing strategy according to product characteristics and consumer target.
- Organisation and professional development of his /her team: 4-6 people.
- Provide assessment to internal and external costumers requests - Consumer Affairs, Marketing, Research & Development, Consumer Insights
- Conflict resolution and decision make on specific issues in product safety, product regulatory compliance and artworks.
- Assist potential information request, discussions and negotiations with the spanish authorities, internal and external costumers, as well as relevant cosmetic company associations such as STANPA, COSMED as the spokesperson for the Company.
- Support Cosmetovigilance (CoVi) program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biology, Cosmetic Science or related fields.
- PhD or Master in Toxicology, Cosmetology, Pharmacology or related disciplines.
- Over 8 years of industry experience in personal care/cosmetics industry, with expertise in cosmetic regulations and safety evaluation of cosmetic finished products.
- Working knowledge on R&D, S&R databases used to collect & evaluate the product and consumer data as well as analysis techniques.
- Experience on clinical testing/interpretation of medical safety test data.
- Working knowledge in formulation highly valuable.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluid English required Spanish not compulsory but highly valuable.
- The position is available within the quality assurance department of regulated GMP pharmaceutical company.
- The job functions will involve approval and audit of suppliers, SOP preparation, review and approval of analytical test methods and reports, process documentation preparation, process investigation review, complaint investigation, analysis of data and preparation of trend reports in accordance with current legislation and GMP.