Next June, 9th in Paris, the regulatory day organised by Cosmed and Business France will be devoted to to cosmetic claims, with a full review of the regulations applicable in China, Korea, Japan, the ASEAN, Russia, the USA, Canada, Mercosur, Australia, South Africa, and the Near and Middle East region.
Experts within cosmetics exporting industries will be able to interact with regulatory experts, obtain key information to export in full compliance, share their experiences and anticipate regulatory developments in the areas where their products are marketed:
- South Korea. Mr. You Sang Won, GRC (Global Registered Certification) will explain how the claims in South Korea determine the product classification, provisions which was recently modified by the publication of a new Regulation in January 2017.
- Japan. Dr. Masato Hatao, Director for Safety & Science,Japan Cosmetic Industry Association (JCIA) will shed the light on the positive list of claims for cosmetics.
- China. Mrs. April GUO - Cosmetics Regulatory Affairs Manager, CIRS, will present cosmetic regulatory new requirements including the implementation of the new Safety and Technical Standard and will provide an overview of the various claims that determine product categories.
- Middle East. Mr. Mohammad Azroul, Senior Conformity Assessment Specialist GCC (Gulf Council Cooperation) will present the latest regulatory updates on cosmetic claims including the publication of the new standard imposing the 6 common European criteria in the GCC countries along with a list of examples of acceptable or unacceptable claims. National specificities will also be summarized.
- Russia. Regulatory updates, including amendments to the Technical Regulations will be presented by Mrs. Olga Ivanovskaya, Senior Regulatory Consultant - Pravsky Consulting.
Round tables discussions with industry experts will also allow participants to debate hot topics:
- USA: Which claims for an anti-aging skin care? Frédéric Lebreux, Director General at consulting firm Biorius, will present the limits not to cross to claim an anti-aging skin care and maintain a cosmetic status.
- Worldwide claims: Practical cases on claims “slimming”, “against hair fall”, “anti-aging”. Sophie Méry, International Regulatory Affairs Manager at Pierre Fabre, will share her knowledge on claims in relation to the classification of products.
- Which tests to optimize claims substantiation? Christine Braud, President of Biophyderm, will discuss the importance of the claims’ choice considering the safety and efficacy tests as a proof of the claim.
- Claims for natural and organic products at international level. Nicolas Bertrand, Development Director at Cosmebio, will present the different possibilities worldwide to claim organic and natural products.
- International overview of the sun protection products’ regulation. Aline Weber, Cosmed’s Director of Regulatory Affairs, will present the regulations of the different countries in order to optimize and facilitate the marketing of sun protection products with a special assessment regarding the choice of UV filters.
Furthermore, export advisors from Business France will tackle the lead markets, opportunities and pitfalls to avoid. Furthermore, acknowledged speakers will present the regulation of cosmetic products along with the latest developments.
Detailed program and inscriptions: here.